April 28, 2017
1. JV/V girls soccer game with PCM cancelled tonight. No practice.
2. HS Girls track meet at Ballard has been cancelled for tonight! No practice.
3. No MS Girls/Boys track practice.
4. Last night the boys track team competed at PCM in a highly competitive meet. Final team scores were East Marshall 135, PCM 133, CMB 131. Lots of gritty efforts, PR's, and guys stepping up to compete! Please come out to support the boys and girls track teams at our conference meet this Tuesday at Baxter.
Congrats to Will Clapper for competing hard at Drake Relays yesterday! Will improved his incoming seed in the shot put and represented himself and the team well on a big stage.
5. There will be another senior picture in the gym on Monday, May 1 during MTSS.
6. HS volleyball meeting on Tuesday, May 2 at 1:15 for all girls going into grades 9-12 next year in Ms. Dentlinger's room. We'll be discussing some important information regarding fundraising and ordering before summer.
7. LIBRARY BOOKS ~ As the school year comes to a close, it is time to pay off your library fees and fines. Search under your beds and in your closets and find that missing library book. No more books will be checked out this 2016-17 school year and please make sure you return you book(s) before or on the the day they are due. If you have a fine please turn pay your money to the Superintendent's office.
8. All DMACC paperwork is due before you leave for the summer. Do not procrastinate and miss out on the class you want. Also, if you are taking a DMACC math class in the fall you need to complete the ALEK test. See Mrs. Allen for instructions.
9. I Have A Plan Guideways are required to be completed before Mrs. Allen can sign you out. Plan accordingly, you have received an email if you are not 100% complete.
10. Music booster meeting Wednesday, May 10th at 6:30 PM in the Choir room
11. Silver Cord hours for the 2016-2017 school year are due May 1st. That is Monday!
12. Attention juniors and seniors: the Senior Class and their parents invite you and your guest to attend this year’s After-Prom. The festivities begin at 11:30 at the high school on April 29th and lasts until 3:00 a.m. There will be a hypnotist, inflatables, games and food. Please stop by the Principal’s office to sign up and get a waiver for you and your guest. Please have the waivers returned by Wednesday, April 26th.
13. Senior Parents ~ the 2017 After Prom Signup Genius has been sent out for After Prom, April 29th, please take some time and fill in a time that you can come and support your senior's last big function. We need your help, there are lots of time slots still open. Thank you!!
14. JUNIOR-SENIOR PROM
* You may sign up for seating chart in my room.
* You need to sign up for couple/single pictures in my room.
* Be at the Grand March by no later than 5:15 pm as we will be taking class photos at 5:30.
* Grand March begins at 6pm
* Dinner begins at 7pm
* Valet Parking on the bus barn side of the school.
15. JOIN US FOR OUR FREE SPORTS PHYSICAL EVENT FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL - HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES!!
We have two dates available for athletes to receive free sports physicals!
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017
Thursday, July 20th, 2017
Time: Both are 5:30pm - 8:00pm
Location: Iowa Ortho (450 Laurel Street, Des Moines)
Physicians providing the physicals are from Mercy Hospital.
Registration is now open for both dates through the event brite link
Athletes/Parents are encouraged to register via Event Brite. Pre-registrants will receive a "Swag Bag" upon arrival of the evening.
Parent/Guardian is recommended to attend to give consent. However, If Parent/Guardian is unable to attend. Please let me know as consent forms can be sent prior to event to those people.
16. There is a sign up for 2017 CM Football cheerleading in the office. Coach Scott is trying to get an idea of how many are interested. Tryouts and practices will be announced at a later time. There is a separate sign up for MS and HS cheerleaders.