National Honor Society
Collins-Maxwell Community School District
Board of Education
Thursday, September 21, 2017
6:30 – Regular Board Meeting
Library, Collins-Maxwell Middle School/High School, Maxwell, IA
5.2 Bills for Payment
5.5 Activity Driving Wages
6. Approve Canvas of Votes
8. Adjourn Retiring Board
Organization Meeting & New Board Agenda
3.1Oath of Office – Elected Board Members (Board Secretary Presides)
3.2 Election of Board President (Board Secretary Presides)
3.3 Election of Board Vice-President (Board President Presides)
3.4 Determine Schedule, Time, Place of Regular Meetings
5.1 Facility Project Update
5.2 IASB Convention
6.1 MS/HS Eligibility
6.2 CAR/SES/Annual Transportation Report
6.3 Bus/Vehicle Replacement
6.4 Collins-Maxwell District Fundraiser Procedure
6.5 Field Irrigation
6.6 Spring Soccer Field Options
7.1 Beverage Contract
7.2 Collins Cameras & Security
7.3 Activity Buses WiFi
7.5 Disposal of Equipment – Bus/Vehicles
7.6 Approve Modified Allowable Growth for Special Education Supplement
*Visitors who wish to address the Board should be recognized at this time. Due to legal requirements of the public meeting laws, the Board will take action only on items posted on the agenda. Complaints cannot be about personnel.
December 12- MS Wrestling at Saydel 4:30 pm
December 12- Girls/Boys JV/V basketball at Cal (No girls JV) 5 pm
December 14- MS Girls/Boys basketball vs. Ankeny Christian both in Collins Girls 4:30 pm
December 14- HS Wrestling at North Polk 6 pm
December 15- Girls/Boys JV/V basketball at North Tama 4 pm
December 16- Wrestling Tournament at North Polk
December 18- MS Girls/Boys vs. Baxter Girls in Collins 4:30 pm/Boys at Baxter 4:30 pm
December 18- Girls/Boys Varsity basketball at Tripoli 6 pm
1. *****Collins-Maxwell Ugly Holiday Sweatshirts are available for purchase AGAIN (same design and price). Many have expressed interest in ordering. Please pick up an order form from Ms. Mennen if you are interested. This will be a limited time - orders are due back to Ms. Mennen today by 3:00pm. Please be aware that this second shipment should arrive before Christmas break but we cannot guarantee that they will arrive before break. *****
2. Middle school boys basketball will not have practice today.
3. Results from Saturday’s wrestling tournament:
Results for Collins-Maxwell @ Saydel Varsity Invitational (12/09/2017)
106: Jacob Pierick (Collins-Maxwell) - DNP
Champ. Round 1 - Jacob Pierick (Collins-Maxwell) received a bye
Quarterfinals - Connor Kelley (Waukee) over Jacob Pierick (Collins-Maxwell) (Fall 3:10)
Cons. Round 2 - Jacob Pierick (Collins-Maxwell) received a bye
Cons. Semis - Joe Hovick (Roland-Story) over Jacob Pierick (Collins-Maxwell) (MD 11-0)
113: Carter Davis (Collins-Maxwell) - DNP
Champ. Round 1 - Nate Kahoe (Des Moines, Abraham Lincoln) over Carter Davis (Collins-Maxwell) (Fall 0:10)
Cons. Round 1 - Carter Davis (Collins-Maxwell) received a bye
Cons. Round 2 - Skyler Walters (Boone) over Carter Davis (Collins-Maxwell) (Fall 4:14)
138: Caleb Fullerton (Collins-Maxwell) - 5th
Champ. Round 1 - Caleb Fullerton (Collins-Maxwell) over Hams Pyne (Des Moines North-Hoover) (Fall 1:19)
Quarterfinals - Deville Dentis (Des Moines East) over Caleb Fullerton (Collins-Maxwell) (Fall 1:22)
Cons. Round 2 - Caleb Fullerton (Collins-Maxwell) over Johnathan Bloch (Waukee) (TF 18-3 5:07)
Cons. Semis - Caleb Fullerton (Collins-Maxwell) over Koby Hassebrock (Roland-Story) (Dec 9-7)
5th Place Match - Caleb Fullerton (Collins-Maxwell) over Hams Pyne (Des Moines North-Hoover) (Fall 1:41)
195: Cody Galbraith (Collins-Maxwell) - DNP
Champ. Round 1 - Cody Galbraith (Collins-Maxwell) received a bye
Quarterfinals - Cael Thorson (Waukee) over Cody Galbraith (Collins-Maxwell) (Fall 1:41)
Cons. Round 2 - Kyle Schaper (West Marshall) over Cody Galbraith (Collins-Maxwell) (MD 10-1)
4. Boys HS basketball practice in Collins after school. Coach Stover will have a bus going over.
5. There will be a ChaMps meeting Wednesday during HS lunch in Mrs. Allen's guidance classroom.
6. If you ordered CM Booster clothing, you can pick them up from 6:00 PM to 6:45 PM before the music concert in the Maxwell commons. If you cannot come during that time, you can pick up your order at Main Street Floral in Maxwell.
7. The famous sugar cookies are back in action this year. Now they will be available for Christmas! The senior class will be selling Christmas cookies to raise money for After Prom. The cookies are a big sugar cookie in the shape of an ornament frosted, decorated, and delivered with a message of your choice. They are only $3! The cookies will be delivered December 18th. Stop by the office to pick up an order form.
8. More Silver Cord hours opportunities! Maxwell First Presbyterian Church is looking for help with their Kids Christmas Store. Wed., December 13th from 5:30-7:30. Volunteers needed to wrap gifts, serve food and direct kids.
9. Winter Concerts
Get in the holiday spirit and join us for another evening of festive music. The Middle School/High School Concert will be Monday, December 11th at 7:00 PM in the Large Gym featuring our 6-12 Grade Bands and Choirs. Join us after the concert for a reception and cookies.
5-12 Band Director
10. Male and female high school referees needed for the CM REC program. There is a mandatory meeting on December 13th at 6 pm. Games played on Saturday mornings. See Ms Robinson for more information or to volunteer. You can earn Silver Cord hours for this.
11. Drivers Education class in the spring with Street Smarts is available to sign up for. The dates, times, and registration can be found at streetsmartsdriversed.com.
12. December 11th from 6:00 pm-7:00 pm in Christy 4-H Hall which is connected to the extension office at 220 H Avenue in Nevada. This is an opportunity for families to learn more about the 4-H and Clover Kid programs and committees that we have in Story County and answer any questions they may have. I have attached the flier for the event.
This is an open house style event people can come in to Christy 4-H hall, which is connected to our Extension office 220 H Avenue in Nevada. In the hall there will be tables all the way around with 4-H members and volunteers to tell you more about their involvement in the 4-H Program. I have people coming to talk about projects like photography, rabbit hopping, poultry, and food & nutrition. Others are representing their 4-H Club to help recruit new members – FTC is our FIRST Technology Challenge Club, they are going to be showing off their robot, Culinary Club will be there they are all about Food and Nutrition. I also have some committees represented including the Story County Fair Board, County 4-H Youth Council, History Committee, and Youth Development Committee. I will be there to answer all questions people have about 4-H and also we will be able to get them enrolled right there on the spot! I will be giving a short presentation at 6:30 to cover the basics of 4-H and the Story County Youth Programs.