Important Dates coming up:
May 23-MS Awards Day/8thGrade Promotion 11 am
May 23-Last Day of School Dismissal at 1 pm
*****Tuesday’s is even periods: 2,4,6,8
****Please have your students check the lost and found before the end of the school year. All items not claimed will go to Goodwill.
1. High School Students!!! After final check outs are done, to kick off summer we are planning a fun morning of outdoor activities, music, ice cream and picnic style lunch on the last day of school! Feel free to bring your lawn chairs and tailgating games for lots of fun with your classmates.
2. Tomorrow we will be taking the HS students in small groups at a time down to Hometown Ice Cream. If you would like your student to get some, please send them with some money. The ice cream cones cost around $1.50 up to $4.50 for a Spartan Spinner or a malt or float. Just wanted everyone to be aware that we would be doing that a as a fun activity for the high school students after lunch.
3. There are signups in the office for MS and HS Cross Country for next year! Please consider joining our team. If you have any questions, stop by and chat with Coach Meinerts. We are also looking for student/athletes that want to dual-sport to help all sports dominate this fall! Go Spartans!
4. Time is running out! Buy your yearbook today. High school books are $50 and the PreK-8 books are $20. If you would like to order a book, send payment to Mrs. Coffelt. Please make checks payable to Collins-Maxwell Yearbook. Friday is the final day for taking orders!!
5. The Collins Public Library has more silver cord opportunities June 23. We need 5 high school students to help serve and clean up lunch at Collins Days. If interested please contact Sara Coree at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Opportunity for Silver Cord hours to anyone who would like to help with the Maxwell Presbyterian Vacation Bible School (VBS). It is Monday, June 25th - Thursday, June 28th. It runs from 6-8 PM. The areas that we could use volunteers would be games, snacks, art, and guides to lead the children to the different stations. If anyone is interested, please have them call or text me. My number is 515-681-3684.
7. The AAU Junior Olympic Sport Stacking Championships are coming to Des Moines this summer and we are in need of some "Judges" to help us make this event complete. I’m reaching out to the local high schools looking for interest from incoming Juniors and/or Seniors to earn community service hours.
Thursday, July 26, 2018 from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Friday, July 27 from 7:30-4:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 28 from 7:30-3:00 p.m.
T-shirt and lunch provided.
Each volunteer will earn personal Community Service Hours for the time they work.
Please email or call if there is any interest, or if you'd like more information!
Kailey Diedrick- email@example.com
8. Registration will be open June 1st- June 29. Available for all kids 4-18.
Go to CMB Soccer to register.
9. YSS Summer Program needs help beginning June 4th-July 19th. The program runs from 9:30-12:15. Volunteers will help facilitate learning experiences in the STEM fields as well as music and video production. Please see Mrs. Allen or Kalli Kennel (Impact Coordinator) for more info.
10.Any 6th grader who wants to play JH baseball or softball needs a physical by May 23rd. If they had a physical after May 30, 2017 they are ok for this year we just need a copy.
11. The Collins Public Library would like to offer silver cord hours every Tuesday in June from 9-11 am for the summer reading program. We would like two high school students
If you have any questions you can email Sara Coree at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. *** Collins-Maxwell Athletic Booster Events ***
C-M Athletic Booster Club ~ End of Year Potluck
When: Thursday, May 24th
Where: Maxwell City Park, Enclosed Pavilion (West of Casey’s)
Time: 5:30-7:30 pm
Who: All Middle and High School Collins-Maxwell athletes, coaches and their families!
The Booster Club will provide hotdogs and burgers, condiments, plastic and paper serving items.
We ask that you bring the following based on your 2017-2018 grade:
7th grade athletes – Bring Chips
8th & 9th grade athletes – Bring Dessert
10th & 11th grade athletes – Bring side dish
12th grade athletes – Bottles of Water
Coaches – Bottles of Water
Activities will be played in the Volleyball, Baseball and Basket Ball areas.
Any questions, please contact Kathie Smith email@example.com.
Drive a Ford for C-M Athletic Boosters
Ames Ford Lincoln would like to help our C-M Athletic Boosters by giving us $20 for each test driver that has a valid driver's license, 18 years and older, and is from different households. They will give us a maximum of $6,000!
We need to meet our goal of having 300 people that meet the above requirements. This can include 18 year old seniors! Recruit your family and friends! No obligations, no selling anything or asking for money. Just get everyone you know to take very short test drive.
Grade winner with the most referrals will win a pizza party and slot of time that is determined by the school to play at the park during the school day.
Individual winner with the most referrals wins a $50 gift certificate at Logsdons.
Need your Help!
We will need parents and kids to sign up for one hour slots of time by 2018-2019 grade level. They will help fill out forms and to bring in traffic. We encourage your family and friends to come during your grade's hour that they are working to keep the traffic steady throughout the day but they can come at ANY time between 9:00AM-5:00PM.
Sign up here. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084dabae2ca5f58-test
Buffalo Wild Wings in Ames Fundraiser (Starting 3/1/2018-5/31/2018)
You can view details of the fundraiser at the link below. Take a picture of the card to use at the restaurant with your phone!
13. Story County Conservation has just extended the application deadline for our backpacking adventure for high school students! We’ve had trouble reaching students through our usual channels and are turning to educators in the schools for help. Any assistance you can provide in spreading the word about this opportunity is greatly appreciated.
This seven-day trip to Great Smoky Mountains National Park runs June 27 – July 3 and is for those completing grades 9-12 this spring. Students will experience three nights back-country camping in what is considered the most diverse habitat in North America. It’s a trip to challenge mind, body, and spirit. Interested students should apply soon – the deadline is this Friday, May 15 at 4:00 p.m. More information and application can be found here.
If you have any questions, contact Erica Place
Erica Place | Outreach Coordinator
Story County Conservation
56461 180th St. | Ames, Iowa 50010-9451
P: (515) 598-4761 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
www.storycountyconservation.org | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram