Welcome to Collins-Maxwell Community School District!
The mission of the Collins-Maxwell School District is to prepare responsible individuals for the future through academic and social experiences.
The school district does not discriminate in its education programs or educational activities on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, socioeconomic status, or disability as required by Title VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act 1973.
Robison Farm Bids
The Collins-Maxwel Board is now accepting bids for the lease of the district-owned Robison Farm.
Attached are the bid sheet and contract for review.
Bids are due by 3 PM on October 15th.
CMB Football Playoffs
1st Round - Wednesday, October 29th at 7pm in Maxwell
If/when we win, then . . .
2nd round - Monday, November 3rd in Baxter
Come support the Raiders!
Whole Grade Sharing information
The district has created a page of information,
based on your questions. Please check it out!
We would like to gather information about your experiences while a student at Collins-Maxwell High School. If you were a graduate between the years of 2010-2013, please consider taking a few minutes to complete our Post Graduation Survey. Or spread the word to the graduates of those years. Please click on the link below.
LINK TO SURVEY:
Free and Reduced Paperwork for 2014-2015
14-15 Parent Letter
14-15 Instructions for Completing the IEA
14-15 Iowa Eligibility Application
WAIVER FORM registration fee
Infinite Campus - new parent access!
More and more parents are seeing the benefits of Infinite Campus. Get up-to-the-minute information on attendance, assignments, grades and lunch balances. Student even have an app they can download for their information. Please download the Infinite Campus app for your smartphone or tablet. Contact Gloria or Jodi for your access code to get setup. It's good!
Thank you to our 2014 Yearbook Sponsors
Logsdon's Grocery - Maxwell, IA
JKT Constuction - Maxwell, IA
Midwest Insurance Corp. - Maxwell & Collins, IA
Exchange State Bank - Collins, IA
Twin Anchors Golf: LawnPro - Colo, IA
Grassroots Action Inc. - Maxwell, IA
Farm Bureau Financial Services - Jarod Pedersen - Nevada, IA
Maxwell State Bank - Maxwell, IA
Put it On Video - Clive, IA
Farmer's Cooperative Co. - Collins, IA
Collin's Lions Club - Collins, IA
Olberding Law Office - Nevada, IA
Baxter Real Estate Agency - Baxter, IA
State Bank & Trust Co. - Nevada, IA
Fidelity Bank - West Des Moines, IA
Story Medical Clinic - Maxwell - Nevada, IA
City of Collins - Collins, IA
Toots's Cutting Parlor - Maxwell, IA
Community Bank - Nevada, IA
Our Family Veternairy Clinic - Maxwell, IA
Central Veterinary Services PLC - Melbourne, IA
Vetter Equipment - Nevada, IA
Girard's Carpentry, LLC - Collins, IA
Bappe Law Office - Nevada, IA
Hertz Farm Management, Inc. - Nevada, IA
Bud's Auto Repair, Inc. - Huxley, IA
Student Learning Goals
• Acquires and integrates basic skills and knowledge in core curriculum areas: math, science, language arts, social studies and technology
• Demonstrates real-life applications of basic skills and knowledge
• Skilled in reading, writing, speaking and listening
• Communicates in a clear, precise manner
• Uses a variety of methods to communicate (verbal, nonverbal, electronic, musical and artistic) for a variety of purposes
• Adapts techniques to meet needs of diverse audiences
• Gather, processes, and responds to information for a variety of purposes
• Uses effective leadership and teamwork skills
• Develops and manages interpersonal relationships
• Performs well in culturally and organizationally diverse settings
• Knows and uses conflict resolution techniques
• Identifies whether a situation, task, or problem needs an individual or collaborative plan of action
Personal Growth & Well-Being
• Demonstrates personal wellness practices
• Develops personal creativity and character traits: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, citizenship
• Demonstrates lifelong learning
• Makes responsible life-style decisions and assumes responsibility for his/her actions
• Explores career opportunities and maintains professionalism in the workplace
• Explores and responds to the arts
Thinking, Reasoning, & Problem Solving
• Uses a variety of researching techniques, including technology, as a means to: identify, access, integrate and process information
• Solves complex problems in a variety of contexts
• Recognizes and connects to prior knowledge
• Organizes information
Citizenship & Social Responsibility
• Analyzes and understands economic, social and political systems
• Demonstrates respect for self and for the diversity of others
• Sets priorities and achieves goals
• Examines options, monitors and evaluates his/her progress