February 26, 2015
**NHS Blood Drive is today in the small gym from 12-6 pm
**The Middle School Winter Formal Dance is in the small gym here in Maxwell, from 6-8 pm. On February 27th
**The 2015 CM Dance Team Spring Show is Feb. 28th at 6:30 pm, here in Maxwell, adults $5, school age kids $3.
1. Just a reminder, the HS Wrestling Banquet is this Friday, the 27th at 6:30 pm at the community center here in Maxwell.
2. The CMB HS Girls Basketball banquet is on Tuesday, March 3 here at Baxter at 6 pm. The Baxter Area Youth group will be catering and providing food for free will donations. Tableware and drinks will be provided.
3. Part of Ms. Dentlinger's Advisory's Project TOM is to help stop bullying and recognize those students who "Knock Out Bullying" and do kind things for others in the Middle School. The following winners for January and February may pick up their prize in the office:
Thank you for stepping up to helping others in our school. Please continue to help us "Knock Out Bullying" in our school and stay tuned to the announcements in March to see if you've been caught helping to end bullying in our school.
4. High school boys basketball players can turn your uniforms in to Mr. Stover this week. Please have them washed and in by Friday.
5. HS Girls Basketball players, you can bring your uniforms in to me here in the office anytime. I would like to have them all collected by Thursday. Thanks.
6. Just another reminder to WASH your hands regularly. Seems like the stomach bug is slowed down, but it is always good practice to wash, wash, wash. Also, just a reminder to all students, if you are absent from school because you are ill, our student handbook says you are not to attend any evening activities.
7. National Honor Society Blood Drive is this Thursday, February 26th from 12:00-6:00. If you are at least 16 years old and would like to donate, please see Mrs. Hartgers for an appointment. First time donors under 18 years of age must have a parent signed permission form turned in prior to donating. Please see Mrs. Hartgers if you need a parent permission form. Also, all donators please remember to bring a photo ID with you to your appointment.
8. Tickets are now on sale for Collins-Maxwell Music Boosters' 20th Annual Lasagna Dinner! The show's theme is "Love and Loss" and will feature several individual and small group acts as well as ALL 6-12 music ensembles for the first time. The evening will begin with dinner at 6pm in Maxwell's Small Gym on Friday, March 13 and Saturday, March 14, 2015 with the show to follow at 7pm. Adult tickets are $8, Students are $5, and Bleacher seats (viewing only) are $3. Please send payment to the MS/HS office to purchase tickets and make checks payable to “Collins-Maxwell Music Boosters.”
9. If you are interested in taking drivers ed this year, there is a sign up sheet in the office. Signing up does not guarantee you a spot. We go by birthday, so I will take the sheet and compare it to anyone who has not taken drivers ed yet and mail a letter and then the first 24 by birthday will be contacted about when it starts. But it is important for you to sign up, so that if someone on the list declines, I know who is interested next in line.
10. Attentions All Students: The list of over due books and fines is growing out of control. Please check all of your library materials for due dates and bring them to the MC to be renewed or returned. Also any student who has received an overdue notice for the 3rd quarter please be responsible and take care of your fines. Thank you.
11. Congratulations to MS Students Adria Fullerton and Dante Jones and to HS students, Jenna Barrett and Tucker Maxwell for being selected as January students of the month for having a postive attitude, respect for persons and property, and committment to studies and activities.
Congratulations to MS students McKinzie Briggs and Mason Markley and HS students Abbey Appelgate and Bradley Hofer for being selected February Students of the Month for having a postive attitude, respect for persons and property, and committment to studies and activities.